RECIPES OF GHANA
2lb of yams
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of butter
1. Place the yams in cold, unsalted water.
2. Boil the water with the yams, and cook for approximately 25 minutes, or until the yams are soft.
3. Remove the yams, cool, and peel.
4. Mash the yams with the other ingredients.
5. Put the fufu mixture in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or wire whisk until completely smooth. The fufu should have a sticky, slightly resilient consistency.
6. Shape the fufu into balls and serve warm.
1. In a large saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, broth, water, and yams.
2. Cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, or until the yams feel soft when poked with a fork. Stir in the peanut butter, cayenne pepper, and salt.
3. Let cool for 30 minutes. Puree the soup in a blender, pour it back into the saucepan and warm over low heat.
4. Serve sprinkled with chicken pieces and crushed peanuts.