Bakers Island Light

"Salem, Massachusetts"


Built: 1789
Automated: 1972

"This 59-foot tall granite stone and concrete tower is the sole survivor of what were originally two towers on the site. The other tower was discontinued around 1870. This remaining light is located on a small, isolated island at the entrance to Salem Harbor."



Navigational Options
Return to Twenty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.