"Jamestown, Rhode Island"
"This is the third light built on the site. The first two were built in 1749 and 1753 respectively. This current light is a 52-foot tall square granite tower. It is situated on the south end of Conanicut Island, which is in the center of the entrance to Narragansett Bay."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.