Black Rock Harbor Light

"Bridgeport, Connecticut"


Built: 1823
Decommissioned: 1932

This 41-foot tall octagonal stone tower replaced the original 1809 wooden tower and is located on the south end of Fayerweather Island where it guided ships into Black Rock Harbor. Since 1983 the Friends of Seaside Park have restored the light's appearance and helped protect it against vandalism.



Navigational Options
Return to Twenty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.