Brandywine Shoal Light
"Delaware Bay, New Jersey"
This reinforced concrete lighthouse is built on a cast-iron caisson in the middle of Delaware Bay warning ships of the shoal on which it sits. This present structure replaced two previous lighthouses built here in 1828 and 1848.
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.