Cape May Light

"Cape May, New Jersey"


Built: 1859
Automated: 1933

"This 157-foot tall structure replaced two previous lights at the site which had been built in 1823 and 1847. Marking the entrance to the Delaware Bay, it is presently leased to the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts and is open to the public. It is still an active light maintained by the Coast Guard."



Navigational Options
Return to Thirty-second Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.