The Cuckolds Light

"Newagen, Maine"


Built: 1907
Automated: 1975

"Located off Cape Newagen, at the southern tip of Southport Island, this small light tower sits atop the original 1892 stone fog signal building and marks the passage between Sheepscot Bay and Booth Bay. The keeper's house and other outbuildings were washed away during a winter storm in 1978. The original fourth-order Fresnel lens is now on display at the Shore Village Museum in Rockland, Maine."



Navigational Options
Return to Fortieth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.