Curtis Island Light
"Curtis Island, Maine"
"This 25 foot tall brick tower with small entrance building is located on the south side of the entrance to Camden Harbor in Penobscot Bay. Originally constructed in 1835, it was rebuilt in 1896 to its present form. The farmhouse style, wooden keeper's dwelling built in 1889 sits nearby. The original fourth-order Fresnel lens was replaced by a 300 mm solar powered lens in 1994. The fourth-order lens is on display at the Camden Public Library. (Photo 2002, Trip #40)"
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.