Dice Head Light
"This 40 foot tall rubblestone, conical tower sits on a tall head on the north side of the entrance to Castine Harbor in upper Penobscot Bay. It's light had a focal plane of 130 feet. The tower was encased in an octagonal wooden covering in 1858 to protect it from the elements. The covering was removed sometime around 1900. The Dice Head (sometimes spelled Dyce) tower and attached 1-1/2 story colonial keeper's dwelling are owned by the town of Castine."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.