Five Mile Point Light
"New Haven, Connecticut"
"This 70-foot tall octagonal stone tower is located on the east side of the entrance to New Haven Harbor. It replaced the original 1805 wooden tower that was deemed too short to be effective. This current light was discontinued in 1877 when the Southwest Ledge Light was built. Also known as the New Haven Harbor Light, it is now the centerpiece of Lighthouse Park."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.