Indian Island Light
"Indian Island, Maine"
"This now inactive light is located at the east entrance to Rockport Harbor. It replaced the island's first beacon, built in 1850, which consisted of a lantern mounted atop the present front part of the T-shaped residential complex. This current square, brick tower is 37 feet tall and orginally held a fourth-order Fresnel lens. The entire complex is now privately owned. (Photo 2002, Trip #40)"
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.