Lynde Point Light
"This 65-foot tall octagonal tower constructed of brownstone blocks replaced the original 1803, 35-foot wooden tower. It marks the mouth of the Connecticut River. The present unattached masonry keeper's residence built in 1966 is the third dwelling built on the site. The first was a small wooden structure. It was replaced in 1858 by a larger house that was attached to the tower."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.