Marshall Point Light
"Port Clyde, Maine"
"This 31 foot tall brick and granite tower replaced the original 1832 rubblestone tower. It stands at the southern tip of the peninsula and marks the east side of the entrance to Port Clyde Harbor. This current tower was originally equipped with a fifth-order Fresnel lens. The Fresnel lens was removed in 1935. Presently the tower is equipped with a 300 mm modern optic. The tower is connected to the shore by a wooden walkway (originally covered) built on four supporting granite piers. The St. George Historical Society completed restoration of the keeper's house in 1990. The first floor houses the Marshall Point Lighthouse Museum. Since 1998, the entire station is the property of the town of St. George. (Photo 2002, Trip #40)"
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.