New London Harbor Light
"New London, Connecticut"
"This 88-foot tall octagonal stone tower replaced the first tower that had been built at the site in 1760. Located in New London Harbor on the west side of the entrance to the Thames River, this light is the oldest lighthouse in Connecticut. Though the still active light tower is owned by the U.S. Coast Guard, the present keeper's residence and grounds have been privately owned since 1928."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.