Nobska Point Light
"Woods Hole, Massachusetts"
"This 40-foot tall, cast-iron cylindrical tower stands at the entrance to Woods Hole Harbor to guard vessels against shoals in the area. It replaced the original 1828 light. The new tower's interior was lined with brick and a one and one-half story keeper's dwelling was built at the same time. Today, the station is still active and consists of the tower and dwelling, another frame house built in 1900, and a brick oil house."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.