Pemaquid Point Light
"Pemaquid Point, Maine"
"This 38 foot tall, conical rubblestone tower is located at Pemaquid Point on the western side of Muscongus Bay. It's current fourth order Fresnel lens was installed in 1856 and was Maine's first light to be automated in 1934. The tower is owned by the Coast Guard, but the remainder of the property is owned by the town of Bristol which operates the Fisherman's Museum, located in the keeper's house. Photo 1986, Maiden Journey)"
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.