"Originally built as twin 39-foot tall octagonal pyramidal towers 30 feet apart, they were too close together to be effective. One of the lights was discontinued in 1924, but this remaining light is still in service. It is located on Gurnet Point on the north side of the entrance to Plymouth Bay. It is also known as the Gurnet Light. The site is now cared for by Project Gurnet & Bug Lights, Inc."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.