Point Judith Light
"Narragansett, Rhode Island"
"Replacing two previous towers built in 1810 and 1816, this 51-foot tall octagonal pyramidal tower is made of granite block. Located on the west side of the entrance to Narragansett Bay and the north side of the east entrance to Block Island Sound, this light is now on the grounds of a Coast Guard station. At one time a keeper's dwelling was attached to the tower, but is now gone. The present Coast Guard buildings were built in 1937."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.