Ram Island Light

"Ram Island, Maine"


Built: 1883
Automated: 1965

"This 35 foot tall, brick on granite cylindrical tower is on the northwest side of Ram Island off Ocean Point on the eastern side of the mouth of Boothbay Harbor. It is located off Linekin Neck on the south side of Fisherman Island passage. The original fourth order Fresnel lens has been replaced by a 250 mm modern optic. A long walkway originally bridged the tower to the island but was so deteriorated that it had to be removed in the late 1970's during restoration of the station by the Grand Banks Schooner Museum Trust, which currently owns the property. The Trust has managed to retore all of the buildings over the years. (Photo 1986, Maiden Journey)"



Navigational Options
Return to Maiden Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Fortieth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.