Rondout North Dike Light

"Kingston, New York"


Built: 1915
Automated: 1954

"Commonly called the Rondout II Light, this is actually the third lighthouse at the site. The first two lights were built in 1837 (Rondout Creek Light) and 1867 (Rondout Light) but were demolished. This current 48 foot tall tower is attached to a two and a half story, yellow brick keeper's dwelling, all sitting on a concrete pier at the end of the north dike jutting out from the mouth of Rondout Creek. Still active today, it is the newest and largest of the Hudson River's lighthouses."



Navigational Options
Return to Forty-fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.