South Hyannis Light
"Hyannis Port, Massachusetts"
"This brick tower is attached to the one and one-half story wood framed Cape Cod keeper's dwelling by a covered walkway. It sits on the west side of Hyannis Harbor across from Point Gammon. It served as a rear range light with a 20-foot tall wooden tower at the end of the wharf from 1885 until it was shut down in 1929. At that time, the entire lantern room was removed from the tower. Today, it is privately owned. An oversized lantern room, used as a sittting room, has been built on top of the tower."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.