Southwest Ledge Light
"New Haven, Connecticut"
"This 45-foot tall cast-iron structure rests on a cylindrical cast-iron, concrete filled caisson at the end of the one mile long east breakwater. It marks the reef on the east side of New Haven Harbor. When this light was activated in 1877, the nearby Five Mile Point Light was discontinued."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.