Stamford Harbor Light

"Stamford, Connecticut"


Built: 1882
Decommissioned: 1953

"This 60-foot tall conical cast-iron tower sits atop a 28-foot concrete filled cast-iron caisson. It sits on Chatham Rock, an outcropping on the southwest end of Harbor Ledge on the west side of the entrance to Stamford Harbor. It has been privately owned since 1984."



Navigational Options
Return to Twenty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.