Stony Point Light

"Stony Point, New York"


Built: 1826
Decommissioned: 1925

"The oldest lighthouse on the Hudson River, this 30 foot tall octagonal fieldstone tower is part of the Stony Point Battlefield State Historic Site. The exterior of the tower was restored in 1986. The 1850's fourth-order Fresnel lens was returned to the lantern room and relit in 1995 as an exhibit at the State Historic Site. Even though it is fully functional, it is no longer used as an aid to navigation."



Navigational Options
Return to Forty-fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.