Ten Pound Island Light
"This brick lined cast-iron tower is 30 feet tall and sits in Gloucester's inner harbor. It replaced an original 1821, 40-foot stone tower built on the site. When the lighthouse was taken out of service in 1956, its light was moved to other various towers. After restoration of the lighthouse, it was returned to this tower and relighted in 1989."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.