Watch Hill Light

"Watch Hill, Rhode Island"


Built: 1856
Automated: 1986

"This 45-foot tall square granite tower, attached to a square dwelling, is located on the north side of the east entrance to Fishers Island Sound. It replaced the first tower at this point near the Connecticut state line that had been built in 1807. The nearby oil house now houses a maritime museum, and restoration of the keeper's dwelling is underway by the Watch Hill Lighthouse Keepers Association."



Navigational Options
Return to Twenty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.