West Chop Light
"Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts"
"When this present 52-foot tall, cylindrical brick tower with attached entry house was constructed, the station's two 1847 keeper's dwellings were renovated. The first light at this site was a 25-foot tall stone tower built in 1817. The second light, built of brick in 1838, had to be moved away from eroding cliffs in 1847 and again in 1891. This light station sits on the west side of the entrance to Vineyard Haven Harbor on Martha's Vineyard Island."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.