Eighteenth Lighthouse Expedition
June 5th, 1994
Fort Gratiot, Michigan
June 5th, 1994, Sunday
- 1:20 pm
- Left Home. Just east of Utica, we stopped at the Harbours Apartments to view the manmade island with the little facsimile lighthouse on it. We took pictures. Left 2:09.
- 3:10 pm
- Arrived in the park in Sarnia, Canada across the river from the Fort Gratiot Lighthouse in Port Huron. There was a nice lookout spot on a hill where the St. Clair River and Lake Huron meet. We talked to a nice elderly gentleman who was there to see 2 freighters come in - the Bergin Sea from Norway and Federal McKenize from Manilla. He explained that the pilot boat takes a "river pilot" out to meet the ship to navigate the river. We first visited this lighthouse on July 22, 1987.
- 4:10 pm.
- Arrive back in the U.S.
- 4:15 pm.
- We arrived at the Fort Gratiot Lighthouse on Riverview Street and went down to the water and took pictures. The gate to the Lighthouse property was open, so we drove in and asked if we could take some close-up pictures. Left at 4:30 and went to Lighthouse Park. Left 5:25 pm Had dinner at Chi-Chi's in Utica.
- 7:50 pm.
- Arrived home.
Trip Totals: 1 Lighthouse, 1 facsimile lighthouse, 148 miles, 1 day
- Navigational Options
- Return to Expedition Home Page
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
- Go to Alphabetical Index
- Go to Geographical Index
- Search the text of the Lighthouse Entries
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995, 1996 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.