St. Johns (Mayport) Light
"This newer, modern-looking structure replaced the St. Johns Lightship in 1954. It sits on the grounds of the Mayport Naval Station near the ocean beach. The 64-foot tower was constructed using concrete blocks fiinished with an exterior coating of cement. It represents a more modern lighthouse structure which is sleek, functional and practical. It offers none of the romanticism or beauty appreciated by most lighthouse enthusiasts, but is nonetheless efficient because of its dependability and accuracy."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.