Fourteenth Lighthouse Expedition
February 13, 1993
Winter Trip to Tawas and Sturgeon Point
February 13, 1993, Saturday
- 8:33 am
- We left home
- 10:45 am
- Arrived at friend Shirley's home on the Rifle River near West Branch. It's a beautiful spot. She served a wonderful lunch.
- 1:50 pm
- We left West Branch and drove to Tawas.
- 2:45 pm
- We arrived at the Tawas Lighthouse. We were able to drive right into the state park. Sure looks different in the winter with the snow. Don took several pictures. We decided we had time to drive to Sturgeon Point.
- 4:00 pm
- Arrived at the Sturgeon Point Lighthouse. We took several pictures of this light with snow all around. Left at 4:22 pm. Had dinner at Bob Evans in Flint.
- 8:45 pm
- Arrived home.
Trip Totals: 2 Lighthouses (not new) 411 miles, 1 day
- Navigational Options
- Return to Expedition Home Page
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
- Go to Alphabetical Index
- Go to Geographical Index
- Search the text of the Lighthouse Entries
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995, 1996 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.