Fourth Great Lakes Lighthouse Expedition (By Boat!)
August 1, 1988
August 1, 1988, Monday
- 6:30 am
- Woke up. Packed lunches and left R. Carter's cottage at Torch Lake for Charlevoix with Four Winns boat.
- 8:40 am
- Left Torch Crest Marina.
- 9:30 am
- Left boat marina in Charlevoix.
- 9:45 am
- Picture of Charlevoix Light from water. Using charts and compass we headed north and spotted Skilagalle Light at 10:40. We got close enough at 10:55 to take pictures. From there we could spot Gray's Reef and Waugoshance. At 11:22 we were at Gray's Reef Light for pictures. It had a red flashing light and the horn was sounding. At 11:46 we were at White Shoal Light - it's a red and white candy stripe but the red is faded. At 12:00 we were taking pictures of Waugoshance. This one has a bird cage top. It is also to be torn down.
- 1:45 pm
- Back in the channel at Charlevoix. We had a picnic at a park near the boat launch.
- 3:30 pm
- Back at the cottage.
Trip Totals: 5 Lighthouses, ? miles, 1 day.
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
- Navigational Options
- Return to Expedition Home Page
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
- Go to Alphabetical Index
- Go to Geographical Index
- Search the text of the Lighthouse Entries
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995, 1996 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the expressed permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.