Asylum Bay Light

"Oshkosh, Wisconsin"


Built: 1940

"This 30 foot tall, unpainted brick tower is located on a man-made island several miles north of Oshkosh on the western shore of Lake Winnebago. Built to guide fishing boats to a large fish operations headquarters located here, the light was lit with a kerosene lantern, but was never electrified. The island is connected to the mainland by a wooden footbridge that has recently been restored."



Navigational Options
Return to Forty-first Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.