Bois Blanc Island Light

"Bois Blanc Island, Michigan"


Built: 1867
Decommissioned: 1924

"Located at the end of a long peninsula, jutting into Lake Huron from the northern shore, at the eastern end of Bois Blanc Island, this two-story yellow brick keeper's dwelling and attached square tower has a focal plane 53 feet above the water. This existing structure is the third tower at the site, the first two having been built in 1829 and 1839. It is no longer operational, and is privately owned."



Navigational Options
Return to Forty-sixth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.