Chantry Island Light
"This 86 foot-high tower with its white brick and red trim is one of the six Imperial Towers built to guard the waters around the Bruce Peninsula and into southern Georgian Bay. It stands on Chantry Island which is about a mile off shore. It was automated in 1954 and vandals have pretty much destroyed the keeper's house. [Update: The keeper's quarters, and the tower, have now been restored by the Marine Heritage Society, with anticipation of opening to the public in August, 2001.]"
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.