Cleveland East Pierhead Light

"Cleveland, Ohio"


Built: 1910
Automated: 1959

"This light stands at the west end of a 4-mile long breakwall that protects the Cleveland shoreline. It is a conical, 25 foot tall cast iron tower. Along with the West Pierhead Light, it marks the entrance to Cleveland's inner harbor and the Cuyahoga River. Still active, it is now solar powered."



Navigational Options
Return to Thirty-fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.