Cleveland West Pierhead Light
"This conical, 30 foot tall cast iron tower is located at the end of a stone pier which stretches out into Lake Erie from the breakwall protecting Cleveland's inner harbor. A fog signal building constructed in 1910 is attached to the tower. This light and the East Pierhead Light about 1/2 mile away mark the entrance to the Cuyahoga River. It is still an active Coast Guard facility."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.