Cove Island Light

"Cove Island, Ontario"


Built: 1858

"This 80 foot-hight tower with its white brick and red trim is one of the six Imperial Towers built to guard the waters around the Bruce Peninsula and into southern Georgian Bay. This light guards the entrance to Georgian Bay from just off the tip of the Bruce Peninsula. The keeper's house is built of the same rough stone as the tower, and sits just feet from it. The entire northern tip of the island is dominated by this lighthouse complex."



Navigational Options
Return to Ninth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.