Duluth South Breakwater Inner Light

"Duluth, Minnesota"


Built: 1901

"This light sits next to the aerial lift bridge at the inner end of the southern breakwater alongside the channel connecting Duluth Harbor to Lake Superior. It is a black steel cylindrical tower with a supporting skeleton frame. A round, white watchroom sits on top of the cylinder beneath the octagonal lantern room. (Photo 1994, Trip #19)"



Navigational Options
Return to Nineteenth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Thirty-ninth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.