Duluth South Breakwater Outer Light

"Duluth, Minnesota"


Built: 1901

"This light sits at the outer end of the southern breakwater alongside the channel connecting Duluth Harbor to Lake Superior. The two story house is white brick topped with a red metal roof. Rising from the corner of the building is a square, 35 foot white brick tower also with a red metal roof. (Photo 1994, Trip #19)"



Navigational Options
Return to Nineteenth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Thirty-ninth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.