Eagle River Light

"Eagle River, Michigan"


Built: 1874
Decommissioned: 1908

"The first lighthouse here was built in 1854 at the mouth of the river. It was rebuilt in 1874 at its present site where it remained in service until 1908. It is now a private residence. (Photo 1988, Trip #5)"



Navigational Options
Return to Fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Twenty-ninth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.