Erie Land Light
This sandstone tower with its attached walkway to the long missing keeper's dwelling was built in town on the mainland to replace the original 1819 light on Presque Isle Peninsula which had sunk into the ground due to a layer of quicksand far below it. It is located in Erie's Lighthouse Park at the end of Lighthouse Street. The lantern room has recently been replaced and the tower is being restored.
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.