False Duck Island Light

"South Bay, Quinte's Isle, Ontario, Canada"


Built: 1967

"This 30 foot tall tower was built as a memorial to the seamen of Prince Edward County who had lost their lives in Lake Ontario waters. The lantern and light atop the tower are from the original lighthouse on False Duck Island which served from 1829 until 1965, when a new, modern structure was built on the island. This monument is now part of the Mariner's Memorial Park and Museum."



Navigational Options
Return to Twenty-third Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.