Grand Island East Channel Light

"Grand Island, Michigan"


Built: 1863
Automated: 1913

"Although this long defunct lighthouse looks as though it could topple over any minute, its foundation was recently rebuilt and the tower is supported by a series of cables, courtesy of the property owner and a group of citizens. The lighthouse's function was replaced by the Munising Range Lights"



Navigational Options
Return to Second Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.