Grand Island West Channel Light

"Christmas, Michigan"


Built: 1868
Decommissioned: 1913

"Also known as the End of the Road Rear Range Light, this defunct light at the west entrance to Munising Harbor was recently saved by the U.S. Forest Service. The front range light, located near the shore of Lake Superior, is a small white steel cylinder. (Photo 1994, Trip #19)"



Navigational Options
Return to Second Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Nineteenth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Twenty-ninth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.