Grand Marais Breakwater Light

"Grand Marais, Minnesota"


Built: 1922

"This four-legged white steel skeleton tower, which replaced the original lighthouse (built in 1885) is located near the state's northeastern tip. The 34 foot tall structure sits at the end of the breakwater guarding Grand Marais Harbor from the ravishment of Lake Superior. (Photo 2002, Trip #39)"



Navigational Options
Return to Nineteenth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Thirty-ninth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.