Grosse Point Light
This 90-foot-tall light tower was originally made of brick but its walls were covered with 4 inches of concrete in 1914 to prevent further deterioration. It is connected by an enclosed brick passageway to a two-story double keepers' dwelling which is made of yellow brick. It was relighted in 1946 and is still maintained as a private aid to navigation. It is located next to Northwestern University and is currently operated as a nature center and maritime museum by the City of Evanston.
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.