Harbor Beach Light

"Harbor Beach, Michigan"


Built: 1885

"Also known as the Sand Beach Light, this lighthouse marks the entrance to an artificial harbor near Michigan's 'thumb' region. Costing nearly $1 million, the US Army Corps of Engineers built the Sand Beach Harbor as a harbor of refuge between Port Huron and Saginaw Bay. This still active lighthouse has escaped vandalism due to being fenced off. (Photo 1996, Trip #24)"



Navigational Options
Return to First Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Twenty-fourth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Forty-third Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.