Kenosha (Southport) Light

"Kenosha, Wisconsin"


Built: 1866
Decommissioned: 1906

This light is located next to Simmons Island Park in Kenosha. It is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is being restored by the Kenosha County Historical Society. The tower now displays a metal replica of the original lantern room which makes it look dignified once more.



Navigational Options
Return to Eighth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.