Lansing Shoal Light

Lake Michigan


Built: 1928

"This light is located about 9 miles north of Beaver Island, Michigan. The 59-foot-tall lighthouse sits on a concrete pier that is 74 feet square and 20 feet high. It replaced Lightship No. 55 that had been in service here since 1900. This was one of the last major new offshore light stations constructed on the Great Lakes. It is similar in design and appearance to the North Manitou Shoal Light. (Photo 2001, Trip #38)"



Navigational Options
Return to Fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Twelfth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Thirty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.