Lorain West Breakwater Light

"Lorain, Ohio"


Built: 1917
Decommissioned: 1965

"This light, which is called 'Jewel of the Port' by locals, sits at the end of a long rough stone breakwater guarding the harbor. After being saved from demolition it is now owned by the Port of Lorain Foundation, a nonprofit group which plans to restore the light and create a museum inside it."



Navigational Options
Return to Eleventh Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.